Share Your Thoughts on Word and Sacrament Ministry Within the ELCIC
From Bishop Elaine: Please note the short turnaround on this survey.
JUNE 1 DEADLINE!!!
It is very important that our synod membership give input as the topic of lay people presiding at communion and the role of the clergy has been on our agenda and a major issue for our congregations for most of our history as an MNO Synod. Many of you have expressed this concern at conference conventions, in rostered ministry gatherings and at our conventions. Now is the time to respond. Read the letter from the ELCIC here Go to the survey here: www.elcic.ca/faithorderdoctrine/default.cfm JUNE 1 DEADLINE!!!
ELCIC Praise Appeal
Dear Synod Family
Synod Council dedicated the month of September 2013 as ELCIC Praise Appeal emphasis. Each congregation is asked to dedicate one Sunday in September to invite congregational members to support the appeal from the national church. As you begin Sept. start up activities it be a good time to praise God for the national expression of the church.
As you recall the history of your congregation you may remember that it was a national body of a church denomination that partnered with local folks to create the congregation. Through mission support or relief efforts like Canadian Lutheran world Relief, your congregation has benefitted from belonging to and partnering with the national church. Members were called and facilities were created as a result of this missional work many years ago.
Strengthen All God’s People for Discipleship
* Equipping all people by engaging, encouraging, mentoring, and sendingout
* More than about strengthening congregations and rostered leaders
* Use of Book of Faith resources, mission events, Companion Synod relationship and congregational council leadership
* Ecumenical leadership events
Embrace Passionately a Call to Spiritual Renewal Through: Prayer, Study, Scripture, Worship, Give, Tell, Service
* Increasing our spiritual practices
* Emphasis on the call to spiritual renewal from the ELCIC
* Promoting and using the ELCIC resources for spiritual renewal
* Promote retreats and gatherings around spiritual practices, i.e. youth
* Confirmation resources which include parent/student conversations
* Promoting the One Year Bible
Celebrate the Abundance of God’s Gifts
* Reframing attitudes about scarcity to lead to attitudes of abundance
* Gift inventory tools
* Fostering hope in the rural setting and small congregations * Promote area strategies for ministry
* Stewardship learning
* Telling the story of congregational successes
Nurture Relationships With Neighbouring Congregations and the Community at Large
* Building connections between congregations and synod AND between congregations and congregations, as well as with the communities we are in a relationship with
* Combined worship services with ecumenical partnerships
* Pooling resources and playing to the strengths of congregations
* Investigating and implementing house churches
* Dialogue with community leaders, agencies and government entities
For a list of available supply pastors to help out during holidays, etc., click here.
Answering Spiritual Hunger
Catch us on YouTube
Cameroon Companion Synod
Find us on Facebook
Lutheran Volunteer Ministries
Y.A.M. Young Adult Ministry
Gifts from the Heart
Find a Congregation
It's not too early to start thinking about Christmas gifts! Honour that family member or friend with everything with a CLWR Gifts from the Heart, and share God's love with the world. These project-specific and representative gifts help to feed families, provide knowledge, improve health, and preserve creation in the communities where CLWR works.
Evangelical Lutheran Church in Canada members and independent supporters will get one in the mail if they've donated to us in recent years, or they can pick one up at their church by mid-October or by contacting CLWR. The catalogue is already available on our website: